Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cheddar-Dill Scones

Two more items from a recent CSA food box was locally made cheddar cheese and the herb of dill. The best part about living in the age of the internet is simply typing two ingredients + recipe into google, and always finding a tasty meal to make using these ingredients. The first recipe to appear with the search "cheddar dill recipe" is this one by Barefoot Contessa, Cheddar-Dill Scones. I cut the recipe in half and still got 16 scones out of the recipe! Maybe I did something wrong....
mmmm!
 

I've never made a scone before, that's my only complaint to this recipe. I have no idea what the dough should look or feel like! Here's a photo of my slightly kneaded dough - does this like right to you, scone enthusiasts out there?








with their egg wash!







Anyone hungry? Apparently I'm the only one who was hungry enough to eat them (Steve ate maybe one...). They were a little dry after they cooled down- however they were SUPERB right out of the oven! Make these if you have company or know people will gobble them up within the hour they finish baking!

1 comments:

Patricia said...

I love scones and I usually use the King Arthur Flour recipe. However, I LOVE Barefoot Contessa recipes. The only suggestion I can give is not to handle the dough a great deal - so not too much kneading. Think of this as a quick bread and you are just incorporating the ingredients to get them wet and to stick together. They sure do look yummy.... and dill reminds me of my grandmother who hung it on the wall going down to her basement. :)