Friday, January 3, 2014

It has been a long time...

It has been a long time since I could dedicate free time towards my blog, but the time is here and I can successfully post with out feeling guilty that I am neglecting other duties.

I am recently inspired by colors, especially those in nature. I am sharing three photos I have taken recently, and my exploration to find those colors on the Pantone wheel.


This photo was from a sunset in Philadelphia - the wispy cloud reflecting the sunsets fading warmth - I love the feminine colors, almost like an ombre effect. I tried to find the colors that best represented this moment. I don't think I found exactly the right colors, but this was my first attempt!



This was from a sunset at my parents house. Do you see the neon pink in the sky?! I couldn't find the perfect neon pink, but the Pantone pink I chose seems to capture the abruptness of the color.


Lastly, a photo I didn't even know I was taking! I tried to get a photo of the sky while driving in New York (it was shining far in the distance), but when I reviewed the photo, I noticed the amazing colors on the basic red barn - great pattern and colors on the barn door. I really like the light grey/blue I picked for the sky, the dark army black I picked for the barn roof, and the taupe for the field plants popping through the snow.

0 comments: