Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Applesauce and Cupcakes


I have not updated due to lack of camera batteries. or my laziness. or a combination of both...

On Sunday, I made homemade applesauce (I can't wait for apple picking season... apples, pumpkins, apple pies, apple cider, apple cider donuts, more apple sauce). It turned out too sweet, which was fine for Steve because if he carried a purse, it would be filled with sugar packets to add to everything.


I also made graham cracker cupcakes (the original recipe calls them "S'more cupcakes" because you add chocolate and marshmellows to the top). Due to lack of resources and I didn't really feel like eating s'more cupcakes, I just made the graham cracker batter and my own vanilla and chocolate frostings to top them. I can;t find the recipe online to share, but it's pretty much substituting flour with graham crackers, and adding buttermilk and lots of butter. So the recipe made 14 cupcakes and I only had 2... which I was fine with because they were too dry and needed about 6 cups more of frosting on them to make them taste better to me... But Steve and our friends ate them, so that's okay.

0 comments: